Give your turkey chili an unexpected kick with this recipe! Our Spicy Kidney Bean Chili combines our slow-simmered Chili Beans with crushed red chili flakes to bring the heat. This chili is a source of calcium and potassium – and the turkey adds extra protein!
Looking for your Recipe Box?
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Servings: 8
- 1 pound ground turkey
- ½ cup green pepper, diced
- 1 cup white onion, diced
- 3 cans (16 ounces) BUSH'S® Spicy Kidney Chili Beans, undrained
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon crushed red chili flakes
- In a large pan, brown the ground turkey over medium high heat.
- Once the meat has browned, add the chopped peppers and onions and cook for 5 minutes until soften. Drain excess grease.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Optional garnishes include: shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream, fresh diced tomatoes, and fresh onions.