This delicious take on a traditional pecan pie is served at the BUSH'S® Visitor Center in Chestnut Hill, Tennessee.
These recipes were created with our vegetarian friends in mind. However, we recommend reading each label to make sure every ingredient suits your dietary needs. Please also remember that product formulations can change, so if you ever have any questions, make sure to contact the product manufacturer!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Servings: 6-8
- ¾ cup BUSH'S® Pinto Beans (heated and lightly mashed)
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 1 cup margarine, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup pecans, finely chopped
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1 unbaked 9" pie crust
- Preheat oven to 350°F (regular oven) or 325°F (convection oven).
- Drain the pinto beans, saving ¼ of the liquid to be used when combining the other ingredients.
- Combine first 6 ingredients and bean liquid and pour into unbaked pie shell.
Bake for 45 minutes - 1 hour. Center of pie will be slightly unset.
Note: Can be frozen.