Rich and hearty navy bean soup with veggies, garlic and cumin makes a perfect dinner on a chilly night.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Servings: 8
- 3 cans (16 oz) BUSH'S® Navy Beans
- 5 thick cut slices of bacon
- 2 cups kale, stems removed and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced
- 4 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 2 cans (16 oz) reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp cumin
- Optional Parmesan, shaved
- In Dutch oven or large pot, fry the thick cut bacon until cooked and remove with slotted spoon to drain on paper towels. Cook garlic, onion, carrots and celery in hot bacon drippings.
- Add beans, chicken broth and chopped kale to vegetables. Heat until simmering. Crumble bacon.
- Add pepper, cumin, and crumbled bacon to soup mixture. Serve hot.
- Garnish with optional shaved Parmesan.