These sweet treats, stuffed with BUSH'S® Bourbon and Brown Sugar Grillin' Beans®, look like they took all afternoon to make. But guess what? They're ready in under an hour.
These recipes were created with our vegetarian friends in mind. However, we recommend reading each label to make sure every ingredient suits your dietary needs. Please also remember that product formulations can change, so if you ever have any questions, make sure to contact the product manufacturer!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Servings: 20
- 1 can (8.6 oz) BUSH'S® Bourbon and Brown Sugar Grillin' Beans® Pop-Top
- 1 pkg (15 oz) refrigerated pie crusts
- 1/2 cans pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, optional
- Heat the oven to 350°F. Sprinkle the flour on the work surface. Unfold pie crusts and using a rolling pin, roll out each crust until slightly thinner. With a 4-inch round cookie cutter, cut each crust into 10 rounds, gathering scrapes and rolling out in order to cut last 2 rounds.
- In a food processor, blend beans, pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla and brown sugar. Mix in pecans if you like.
- Place 10 rounds on each ungreased cookie sheet or parchment lined for easy clean up.
- Spoon about 1 tablespoon bean mixture into center of each round. Fold over to crescent/half circle shape and use fork to seal edges together.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the pastries are golden brown.Tip: Brush the top of the empanadas with egg wash or a little milk to get golden brown on top.
- Cool on cookie sheets for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with powder sugar or eat plain. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.