BUSH’S® Kidney Chili Beans, homemade barbecue sauce, and tender pork shoulder are the keys that make this hearty meal a mouth-watering addition to your chili arsenal.
Looking for your Recipe Box?
- Prep Time: 45 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 60 minutes
- Servings: 6 to 8
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) Hunt’s® Tomato Sauce
- ½ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- 1 pound boneless pork shoulder, cut into ½-inch pieces
- 1-1½ cups chopped white onion
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 can (14.5 ounces each) Hunt’s® Diced Tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) BUSH’S® Kidney Chili Beans, undrained
- ½ cup vegetable broth
- Sour cream, chopped parsley and warm cornbread, optional
- To make BBQ sauce: Stir tomato sauce, brown sugar, mustard, vinegar, onion, chili powder and garlic in small saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; set aside.
- To make chili: Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add pork; cook 5 minutes or until brown on all sides, stirring occasionally. Remove from saucepan; set aside.
- Add onion and salt to same saucepan. Cook 4 minutes or until onion is tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in prepared BBQ, browned pork, undrained tomatoes, black beans, kidney beans and broth. Bring a boil. Cover, reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes or until pork is tender, stirring occasionally. Top each serving with sour cream, parsley and serve with warm cornbread, if desired.